Monday 27 June 2016

Stratocaster Setup

My daily player is an old cheapo strat-style guitar made by Manhattan. I've been playing it a lot more since discovering Yousician, and its needs the setup attending to; the bridge pick up is generally unresponsive and the action is a little buzzy on one or two strings.


First I wanted to check the fingerboard radius, prior to setting the action. These radius gauges were supplied by GMC Luthier Tools and are very nice indeed. They are laser cut stainless steel and have a precise, rugged feel about them; whats more, they are made in the UK and the are supplied within a few days of placement of your order.


I use this string ruler to set the height I want.


You use these little soccket head set screws to adjust the string height on a tele or stratocaster style bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment